Welcome to the Boulder Shambhala Center!
We look forward to getting to know you. Please feel welcome to explore our website and stop by the center for a visit.
The Boulder Shambhala Center is part of Shambhala, an international community of more than 200 meditation centers and groups founded by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche and led by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche. You can learn much more about us in the “Shambhala“ section of this website.
Shambhala is not just about meditation; it is also about culture. Meditation helps us to synchronize our body and our mind in order to be present, awake, and complete. We apply the sanity, clarity, and presence developed in meditation to our everyday life. Relating to our life in this way creates a dignified human culture, with qualities of kindness, love, and compassion.
All Shambhala Centers welcome anyone interested in the practice of meditation and anyone who aspires to expand the experience of gentleness and nonaggression into all areas of life.
How to begin
You are invited to attend any of these activities and gatherings so you can learn more about the Boulder Shambhala Center and its community:
- Visit an Open House any Sunday morning from 10:30 am – 12 noon.
- Come to the center for for one of our weekly drop-in classes or for introductory meditation instruction.
- Register for a half-day Beginning to Meditate course. They’re offered on the last Saturday of each month from 9 am – 12 noon.
- Attend one of our regular community events, like Shambhala Sun Day, Young Sangha Night, or join us for one of our Shambhala Holiday celebrations or family events.
- Explore beginning courses in the Way of Shambhala curriculum.
- Engage your inspiration and sign up for one of the many volunteer opportunities at the center.
Please feel welcome to explore and participate! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the center.