with Acharya Dale Asrael
Sat January 7th: 2:00 PM - 7:00 PMSun January 8th: 2:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Price: $108 Price (* $40.00 Material Fee included in each price.)
“In the Buddhist tradition, taking refuge is a matter of commitment and acceptance and, at the same time, of openness and freedom. By taking the refuge vow, we commit ourselves to freedom.” – Chögyam Trungpa, Rinpoche
New - Schedule modification
- Saturday 2-5 Talk on Refuge by Acharya Asrael (incl. practice & questions)
- Saturday 5-6:30 or 7pm Interviews for everyone who will be taking the vow
- Sunday 2-5 Refuge Ceremony and Celebration
The Refuge Vow is the ancient, traditional ceremony of becoming Buddhist. It is a turning point in one’s life, a proclamation and celebration.
People wishing to take the Refuge Vow need the written recommendation of their Meditation Instructor. Refuge Vow participants will need to attend the talk on Saturday, January 7 from 2-5pm, followed by interviews with Acharya Asrael (from 5-7pm). The Refuge Vow ceremony will take place on Sunday, January 8, at 2pm.
Friends and family are warmly welcomed to witness this event, and to gather afterward for a reception.
Schedule for those taking the Refuge Vow
- Saturday 2-5pm Talk on Refuge Vow by Acharya Asrael
- Saturday 5-7 Interviews with Acharya Asrael for those taking the refuge vow
- Sunday at 2pm Refuge Vow Ceremony immediately followed by a celebration
At the vow ceremony on Sunday afternoon, participants will receive a practice text called 'The Practice of Taking Refuge: Arousing the Motivation for True Freedom from Samsara'.
Note: There is a $40 material's fee for the Refuge Vow Ceremony
Follow-up meeting: Acharya Asrael has tentatively scheduled a follow-up meeting with those taking refuge for Friday January 13 from 6-8pm at the Boulder Shambhala Center.